In this two-day course, the participants will gain the knowledge necessary to lead a SAFe implementation in an enterprise and act as change agents for the initiative by leveraging the Scaled Agile Framework, and its underlying principles of lean thinking, and product development flow.
Some of the key principles and practices discussed in the two day long session include Lean Thinking, Agile Development, SAFe ScrumXP, Agile Release Train, Agile Portfolio Management, Agile Architecture, and Scaling Leadership.
By the end of this course, attendees will be able to:
- Apply lean, agile and product development flow principles to improve productivity, employee engagement, time to market, and quality
- Apply the Scaled Agile Framework based on lecture, real-world examples, and insights by Scaled Agile experts
- Understand the skills necessary for an enterprise transformation based on the information and examples presented, and additional recommended readings and resources
- Gain the insights into the leadership skill most effective in unlocking the intrinsic motivation of software development knowledge workers, and begin applying them in your context
This course is a requirement for those seeking certification as a Scaled Agile Framework Agilist (SA).
Who should attend?
Executives, managers, consultants and Agile Change agents responsible for transforming and scaling agile implementations for their organization.
While no pre-requisites are required to attend the class, the Scaled Agilist Certification pre-requisites are as follows:
- 5+ years of experience in software development, testing, business analysis, product or project management
- Experience in Scrum Process
- Attendance of the 2-day Leading SAFe course
- Pass the SA exam (retakes are $50 and can be taken 90 days or more after the previous exam)
Preparing for this course:
A background reading of the Scaled Agile Framework is highly recommended to better utilize the two days spent on this training.